This flavorful curried chicken spread is the perfect party food. It’s a great way to enjoy a delicious and satisfying spread without spending too much money. It’s a great low fat option with only 1.2g of fat per serving. This recipe is easy to make and includes simple ingredients like chicken, curry powder, scallions, and mango chutney. Enjoy it with your favorite crackers or use it as a sandwich filling. Perfect for parties or snack time!
For 10 people
- 0.25 cup - Minced onions
- 1 tablespoon - Defatted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon - Olive oil
- 8 ounces - Skinless boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 teaspoon - Curry powder
- 0.5 cup - Nonfat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
- 0.25 cup - Sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons - Mango chutney
- 0.25 teaspoons - Salt
- 1.25 cups - Water
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, combine the onions, stock, and oil. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and curry powder. Continue cooking and stirring for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Spoon the puree into a medium bowl. Stir in the sour cream or yogurt, scallions, chutney and salt.
- Transfer the spread to a decorative bowl and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve chilled.
This curried chicken spread is a great addition to parties and get-togethers. It’s a delicious, low fat option and can be used as a spread for crackers or in sandwiches. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and will be sure to be a hit with your guests! Enjoy!