For 9 people
- 12 cups - Popcorn, air-popped
- 1 cup - Brown sugar, packed
- 0.5 cup - Corn syrup, light
- 0.25 cup - Reduced fat margarine, melted
- 0.5 tsp - Salt
- 0.5 tsp - Baking soda
- 0.5 tsp - Pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place popped popcorn in oven while preparing caramel glaze.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt. Over medium heat, stir the mixture constantly for 7 to 10 minutes until it comes to a boil.
- Without stirring, allow the mixture to boil for an additional 4 minutes. Then, remove the pan from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour the warm caramel glaze over popcorn and toss until evenly coated. Spread the popcorn onto a large baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and spread it onto a large piece of foil. Allow it to cool completely before breaking it into smaller pieces. Place the popcorn into a large bowl and enjoy!
Making homemade Caramel Popcorn is quick and delicious. Not only is this snack delicious, but it’s also healthy, low-fat and vegetarian. Plus, it’s the perfect treat for family movie night or for a party. Give this tasty snack a try and you won’t regret it!