Have you been looking for a delicious but healthy breakfast treat to enjoy? Look no further than these Oatmeal Flax Pancakes. Combining the delicious and nutritious flavors of oats, whole wheat pancake mix and ground flaxseed, these pancakes are sure to become a favorite for your family. Not only are they delicious, but they are also convenient to make. You can even make extra batches and store them in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick and easy meal on busy mornings.
- 1 cup - Quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups - Dry whole-wheat pancake mix
- 1/4 cup - Ground flaxseed
- 2 cups - Milk -- soy or rice milk
- 1 - Egg or egg substitute equivalent
- 1/2 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Pour in the milk, egg and vanilla and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle using a scant 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Turn the pancakes when the edges begin to look dry and there are bubbles on the surface.
- Cook the pancakes until the second side has browned.
- Serve the pancakes warm with syrup, applesauce or apple butter.
These oatmeal flax pancakes are a delicious, nutritious and convenient breakfast treat. With just a few ingredients, you can have a delicious and healthy meal ready in no time. And since the ingredients can easily be stored in your pantry or refrigerator, you can make these pancakes any time you are in the mood for a delicious and hearty breakfast.