These delicious pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start a crisp autumn morning. Simple to make, these treats are full of wonderful spices, making them a fragrant and flavourful breakfast. With only a few ingredients, they are also a great way to use up any leftover pumpkin puree in your kitchen. Enjoy them with a dollop of yoghurt or a spoonful of honey.
For 20 people
- 2 C - Flour
- 1 C - Sugar
- 2 tsps - Baking powder
- 2 tsps - Baking soda
- 0.25 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp - Nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp - Allspice
- 1 C - Skim milk
- 1 C - Pumpkin
- 4 - Egg whites
- 0.5 C - Applesauce
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg whites, and applesauce.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Use two tablespoons of the batter to make each pancake in the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes for two minutes before flipping over and cooking for two minutes more.
Your spiced pumpkin pancakes are ready to enjoy. Top with a dollop of yogurt or a spoonful of honey, or simply enjoy them plain. These pancakes are also perfect for making sandwiches with a spread of cream cheese or nut butter. Enjoy your delicious pumpkin pancakes for a sweet autumn treat!