Enjoy a traditional Italian-style sweet wreath with this easy and delicious bread recipe! This bread machine recipe is simple to prepare but full of flavour. The wreath is made of a sweet dough filled with sugar, cinnamon, anise seed and nutmeg. It’s a great holiday bread that’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
For 1 people
- 1 1/3 cups - Water
- 2 tablespoons - Butter
- 2 tablespoons - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 4 cups - All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - Yeast
- 1/4 cup - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon - Anise seed
- 1/8 teaspoon - Nutmeg
- 1 - Egg
- 2 tablespoons - Water
- Remove dough from bread machine and place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll each piece into a long, slender rope.
- Braid the ropes together and form into a wreath-shaped circle, pinching the ends together to seal.
- Place the wreath on a lightly greased baking sheet and let it rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Mix together all the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush the top of the wreath with the egg wash and sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until it is golden brown.
When the Italian sweet wreath is baked to a golden brown, it is ready to serve. Enjoy your delicious holiday bread with friends and family! This wreath has a light and airy texture with a sweet and slightly spicy flavour. It’s sure to be a hit on your holiday table!