This leek quiche is the perfect combination of savory and cheesy. It’s a delicious way to enjoy a classic breakfast dish, or a light dinner. Using a prepared crust and lots of fresh vegetables, this easy quiche is ready in just over an hour. It’s a great way to enjoy a warm, comforting meal any time of day.
- 11 ounces - Refrigerated bread stick dough
- 1 teaspoon - Olive oil
- 1 medium - Leek -- thinly sliced (1-1/2 cup)
- 1 clove - Garlic -- minced
- 3 - Green or red bell pepper rings -- up to 5
- 0.75 cup - Nonfat mozzarella cheese -- shredded
- 1 cup - Evaporated skim milk
- 0.75 cup - Egg Beaters(r) 99% egg substitute (equivalent of 3 eggs)
- 1.5 teaspoons - Cornstarch
- 0.25 teaspoon - Freshly ground pepper
- 0.125 teaspoon - Ground nutmeg
- 1.25 cups - Finely chopped turkey ham -- optional
- Grated Parmesan cheese -- optional
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray 10" pie plate with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Set aside. Separate and unroll individual bread sticks. On flat surface, coil strips of dough into circle. Using rolling pin roll dough into 13" circle. Press dough into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. (Dough will shrink back slightly when pressing.) Set aside.
- In 10" nonstick skillet, heat oil over Medium heat. Add leek and garlic (and ham cubes, if using.) Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until leek is tender and just beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Spread leek mixture in bottom of crust. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture. Arrange pepper rings over cheese, if using.
- In food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. Pour mixture over filling.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This quiche is a perfect combination of savory flavors and creamy textures. Enjoy with fresh Parmesan cheese for an extra special breakfast. It’s also a great way to use up leftover ingredients in your fridge. Enjoy this delicious and easy quiche any time of day!