Tacos are a staple food in Mexican cuisine and can make a quick, easy, and delicious meal. Breakfast tacos are no exception! Whether you’re looking for something to make during the week or just something a little different on the weekends, breakfast tacos can make a great change of pace. They are a hearty meal that can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. Here are some great ideas for breakfast tacos to get you started.
For 1 people
- 2 tablespoons - Vegetable oil
- 1 cup - Shredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup - Diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon - Pepper
- 1 cup - Refried black beans
- 1 cup - Scrambled egg whites
- 1/2 cup - Low-fat cheese
- 1/2 cup - Chopped tomatoes
- 6 tortillas - Whole wheat flour
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until potatoes are crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the black beans onto each tortilla. Divide the potatoes and onion, egg whites, cheese, and tomatoes among the tortillas.
- Fold the tacos in half, and serve warm.
- If desired, warm the tacos in the oven or microwave before serving.
Breakfast tacos are a great way to mix things up in the morning and use up leftovers from dinner. With endless possibilities for fillings, and some help from store-bought tortillas, breakfast tacos can be prepared in no time and make a hearty, delicious meal. Enjoy!