Making a classic graham cracker pie crust is easy and delicious. This recipe uses low-fat graham crackers, diet margarine, and a touch of honey to give it a sweet flavor. The crust is baked in a 9-inch pie pan and makes a perfect base for any filling. Plus, it’s a snap to make. You can have a homemade graham cracker crust in no time.
For 1 people
- 8 large - Lowfat graham crackers
- 1.5 tablespoons - Diet margarine
- 1.5 tablespoons - Honey
- Break the crackers into pieces and place them in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until the crumbs are fine.
- Measure the crumbs. There should be 1-1/4 cups.
- Return the crumbs to the food processor and add the margarine and honey. Process until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Use the back of a spoon to press the crumbs against the sides and bottom of the pan, forming an even crust. Periodically dip the spoon in sugar to prevent sticking.
- Bake the pie shell at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the edges feel firm and dry. Cool the crust to room temperature before filling.
This Honey Graham Pie Crust recipe is an easy way to make a classic dessert. The crumbly, sweet graham cracker crust pairs perfectly with any type of filling. Whether you choose to make a tart, a fresh fruit pie, or a custard pie, this graham cracker crust is sure to be a hit. Enjoy your homemade dessert with friends and family!