If you’re looking for a delicious and easy to make treat, these Double Chocolate Sugar Cookies are the perfect option. They are a great low-fat alternative to regular sugar cookies. Ready to be enjoyed in less than an hour, with just a few ingredients you will have a delicious treat that everyone will love.
For 1 people
- 2 egg whites - Slightly beaten
- 0.25 cup - Light corn oil spread, melted
- 1 tablespoon - Water
- 1 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups - Hershey's Basic Cocoa Baking Mix
- 0.25 cup - Sugar
- 0.25 cup - Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 0.5 teaspoon - Shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degees Fahrenheit and lightly spray cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg whites, corn oil spread, water and vanilla. Stir in Basic Cocoa Baking Mix until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and roll in sugar to coat.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and press balls flat with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Chocolate Glaze, place Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 100% for 30 seconds and stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Immediately use to drizzle over the tops of the cookies and let stand until set.
- Store these delicious Double Chocolate Sugar Cookies covered at room temperature.
These Double Chocolate Sugar Cookies are a delicious and easy to make treat. Enjoy them as a great low-fat alternative to regular sugar cookies. Ready to be enjoyed in less than an hour, with just a few ingredients you will have a delicious treat that everyone will love. And don’t forget to store them covered at room temperature for when you need a quick treat!