Seafood is always a healthy and tasty option for a light meal. This recipe combines grilled sea scallops, grapefruit and scallions marinated in a Pernod, tarragon and grapefruit juice mixture. It is perfect for a light summer meal and is low in fat. Serve it over cooked white rice and garnish it with tarragon sprigs for a truly fabulous meal.
- 1/4 cup - Fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons - Pernod
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons - Vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon - Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound - Sea scallops
- 2 small - Grapefruit
- 8 - Scallions
- 2 cups - Cooked white rice
- Tarragon sprigs (for garnish)
- In a shallow dish, combine the grapefruit juice, Pernod, tarragon, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops, grapefruit, and scallions, stirring to coat with the marinade. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Prepare a medium barbecue fire. Oil the grill rack or coat with a stick vegetable spray.
- Alternately thread the scallops, grapefruit, and scallions onto metal skewers.
- Grill, turning occasionally and brushing with the marinade, about 5 minutes, until tinged with brown and the scallops are cooked through.
- Spoon the rice onto a platter, then arrange the scallops, grapefruit and scallions on the rice. Garnish with tarragon sprigs, if desired.
This grilled scallops and grapefruit is a light and flavorful meal that is sure to be a hit. It is low in fat, yet full of flavor. Serve it with cooked white rice and garnish it with tarragon sprigs for an easy and delicious meal that your whole family will love.