This recipe for Cod In Red Wine is tantalizing and easy to make. It’s full of flavor and is the perfect weeknight dinner! The red wine and clam juice give it a delicious flavor. The fish is cooked until it’s nice and tender. The parsley adds a nice freshness to the dish. Serve it over rice and you have a delicious meal!
For 2 people
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil
- 1 - Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove - Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup - Red wine
- 1/2 cup - Fish stock or clam juice
- 1 tablespoon - Capers
- 1/2 teaspoon - Dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup - Parsley, packed and chopped
- 1/2 pound - Cod, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic and begin to sauté. Cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes (if onions begin to stick add a spoonful of water to the skillet and continue to cook).
- Add the red wine, clam juice, capers, and thyme and bring liquid to a boil. Simmer over low heat until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Right before serving, bring the sauce back to a simmer and add the fish. Cover and cook over very low heat until the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in parsley (don't worry if fish falls apart).
- Adjust seasoning and spoon in deep plates over rice.
This is an easy and delicious recipe for Cod In Red Wine. The red wine and clam juice give it a unique and tantalizing flavor. The fish is cooked until it’s nice and tender and the parsley adds a nice freshness to the dish. Serve it over rice and you have a delicious meal your family will love. Bon Appetit!