Mussels are one of the most underrated seafood dishes. They are incredibly flavorful, and relatively easy to make. This steamed mussels recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and only takes 10 minutes to prepare. The white wine and clam juice create a flavorful broth that will keep you coming back for more! You can also customize this dish by adding additional herbs and spices, like fresh parsley, garlic, and Tabasco sauce.
- 1 cup - White wine
- 1 cup - Clam juice
- 2 cloves - Garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds - Mussels, whole
- 1 dash - Tabasco sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons - Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Combine white wine and clam juice in a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add crushed garlic and Tabasco sauce, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Add mussels in a single layer and cover slightly. Steam until mussels begin to open.
- Once mussels are cooked, remove to a bowl and pour the sauce from the bottom of the pot over them.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with French bread, if desired.
Cooking mussels is a great way to enjoy seafood. This steamed mussels recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare and requires just a few simple ingredients. The white wine and clam juice provide a flavorful broth that will have you coming back for more. Try adding additional herbs and spices, like fresh parsley, garlic, and Tabasco sauce, to customize this dish. Enjoy!