Are you looking for a hearty and delicious soup to warm up your family on a cold winter night? Look no further than this flavorful Ten Bean Southwest Soup with Cajun Spice! This hearty vegetarian soup is packed with fiber and protein, and will tantalize your taste buds with its unique and delicious flavors. Serve it with a crusty French bread and a salad for a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup - Pinto beans
- 1/4 cup - Navy beans
- 1/4 cup - Kidney beans
- 1/4 cup - Black beans
- 1/4 cup - Baby lima beans
- 1/4 cup - Great northern beans
- 1/4 cup - Lentils
- 1/4 cup - Blackeyed peas
- 1/4 cup - Green and yellow split peas
- 3 tablespoons - Schilling(R) Vegetable Flakes
- 1 tablespoon - Cajun Style Seasoning
- 1 1.5 grams - Knorr (R) Tomato Bouillon Cube
- 1/4 teaspoon - Dried orange peel
- In a clear, airtight, 4-cup container, layer the beans. In a small, self-sealing plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Attach the recipe.
- Rinse and pick over beans. Place in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover and let soak for 1 hour. Drain and add 8 cups of fresh water and contents of seasoning package. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Remove 1 cup beans and mash. Return to pot and simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, until soup is thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For added flavor, add 1/4 cup of Chipotle Barbecue Sauce to the 1-cup of bean mash. Add fresh ingredients at that time, such as finely diced carrots, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes, peas, corn, and/or new potatoes.
This flavorful Ten Bean Southwest Soup with Cajun Spice is sure to become a family favorite. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also a great source of plant-based protein and nutrition, so you can feel good about serving it to your family and friends. Enjoy!