This dip is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and fruity flavors. The melon balls are soaked in anise-flavored liqueur for a delicious flavor, and the yogurt dip is made with plain low-fat yogurt and finely chopped strawberries. It’s a great way to add a bit of fun to your meal. You can also add a bit of anise extract on a piece of rind and seal it with the melon balls for an extra kick of flavor. Serve it as a party food or appetizer at your next summer BBQ and watch it disappear!
For 24 people
- 1 - Honeydew melon
- 1 - Cantaloupe
- 0.25 cup - Anise flavored liqueur
- 4 ounces - Plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons - Finely chopped strawberries
- Peel melons and cut into bite-sized cubes or balls. Place in glass bowl.
- Drizzle liqueur over the fruit, stir to coat. Cover, refrigerate from 30 to 60 minutes, stirring several times.
- Add fruit to yogurt and stir to blend. Place the yogurt dip in a small bowl; center the bowl on a dish or shallow bowl and surround with melon balls.
This fruity dip is a great way to add a bit of fun to any meal or gathering. Serve it as a party food or appetizer and watch it disappear. If you want to add an extra kick of flavor, you can add a bit of anise extract on a piece of rind and seal it with the melon balls. This recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat, so why not give it a try? Then sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruity goodness!