This Crostini With Eggplant Pesto is a healthy and flavorful vegan appetizer. It is a perfect match for toasted baguette slices and the combination of eggplant, garlic, basil, parsley, and mint creates a delicious and aromatic dish. It is creamy, smooth and lightly sweet which makes it an easy favorite for anyone. This dish can be prepared in advance and is great for dinner parties or when you’re having friends over. So, if you’re looking for a tasty vegan appetizer, give this one a try!
- 1.25 pounds - Eggplant
- Olive oil
- 0.33 cup - Pine nuts
- 1 - Garlic clove
- 2.5 tablespoons - Fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons - Fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh mint
- Baguette slices
- Fresh basil leaves
- Peel eggplant, leaving a few narrow bands of skin intact. Cut eggplant crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Place on large baking sheet; sprinkle lightly with salt. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Rinse eggplant; pat dry with paper towels. Brush large baking sheet with olive oil. Brush eggplant rounds generously on both sides with olive oil. Place on the prepared sheet and broil until they are tender and golden brown, keeping an eye to avoid burning, about 6 minutes per side.
- In a food processor, finely grind pine nuts and garlic. Add eggplant and process to form a coarse puree. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and stir in chopped basil, parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. (This can be made 1 day in advance. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- Put the eggplant pesto in the center of a serving platter and surround it with toasts, or spread the toasts with eggplant pesto and arrange them on the platter. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
This Crostini With Eggplant Pesto is a delicious vegan appetizer that is creamy, smooth and slightly sweet. With garlic, basil, parsley and mint, it adds a great flavor to the meal. Serve it with toasted baguette slices to complete the dish and enjoy! You can also make it ahead and it is perfect for dinner parties and when you’re entertaining friends.