Fish Pot-a-toe Pie is a comforting and hearty dish that is sure to please. This easy-to-follow recipe combines flakes of succulent fish and crunchy vegetables in a creamy sauce, topped with a golden potato and cheese topping. All you need to do is prepare the ingredients, assemble them and pop under the grill to finish. Serve with rice or pasta and a dark green vegetable, and end with a fresh fruit for a complete meal.
For 2 people
- 8 ounces - Potato (peeled)
- 5 ounces - Broccoli florets
- 9 ounces - Fat-free white sauce (seasoned lightly with tomato vermouth and chive)
- 10 ounces - Haddock (cut into chunks)
- 1 ounce - Shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
- Scrub a thin-skinned potato or two and cook on high in a microwave for about 8 minutes or until cooked yet firm. Set aside to cool.
- Steam broccoli florets in the microwave until al dente; slightly cooked and bright green. Drain.
- Meanwhile, empty the sauce into a pan and heat through. Add fish and cook until fish is cooked and tender, adding the broccoli during the last minute to combine.
- Pour the stew into a shallow flameproof casserole or individual casseroles. Slice the potato (slightly thinner than 1/4-inch). Lay the potato slices on top of the stew. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Grill until golden.
Fish Pot-a-toe Pie is a delicious and unique way to enjoy fish. The combination of flavors and textures is sure to be a hit with family and friends. It is a great way to get everyone together for an enjoyable and healthy meal that comes together quickly and easily. Serve with a simple side of rice or pasta and a dark green vegetable, and finish with a fresh fruit for a complete and satisfying meal.