These delicious Oatmeal Spice Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet, with a hint of spicy from the cinnamon and nutmeg. These low fat cookies use a combination of oats, egg whites and stick margarine to create a delicious snack or dessert, sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 Cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon - Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon - Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Ground Ginger
- 1 Cup - Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Stick Margarine -- Softened
- 3 Tablespoons - Light-Colored Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons - Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large - Egg Whites
- 1 Large - Egg
- 3 Cups - Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups - Raisins
- 1 - Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ginger. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, margarine, corn syrup, vanilla extract, egg whites, and egg. Beat the mixture until it is well blended.
- Stir in the oats and raisins and let the dough stand for 5 minutes. Add in the flour mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Using a spoon, drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure that the cookies are placed 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Carefully remove the cookies from the pan and cool them on a wire rack. Enjoy!
These delicious Oatmeal Spice Cookies are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Low fat and packed with flavor, the oats, cinnamon and nutmeg provide a delicious snack or dessert that is sure to please. Enjoy these tasty treats with your family and friends!