Are you looking for a quick, delicious dessert that won’t give you a sugar rush? Look no further! These apple oatmeal cookies, made with healthy ingredients like oats, apples, raisins, and a touch of cinnamon, are sure to satisfy all your sweet tooth cravings without overindulging. Plus, they only take 15 minutes to bake, so you can have them ready just in time for a midday snack. Enjoy these guilt-free treats today!
For 12 people
- 4.5 ounces - Uncooked quick oats (lightly toasted)
- 0.5 cup - All-purpose flour (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 0.5 teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.25 cup - Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 0.25 cup - Reduced-calorie tub margarine
- 1 6 ounce - Each Golden Delicious apple (pared, coarsely grated)
- 1 large - Egg
- 0.5 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 0.33 cup - Dark raisins (plus 2 teaspoons)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add the apple, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Add the oat mixture and stir to mix well. Add the raisins and stir until combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, forming 24 equal cookies and leaving two inches between each. Flatten each cookie with a spatula.
- Bake in the center of the middle oven rack for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
These delicious apple oatmeal cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. With only 15 minutes of baking time and healthy ingredients like oats and apples, these guilt-free treats are sure to satisfy all your cravings without overindulging. Enjoy these simple yet tasty cookies today!