If you’re in the mood for a deliciously flavourful and healthy meal, this baked squash recipe is for you. It’s a low-fat vegetarian recipe that only takes 1 hour to make. This recipe is originally from the book ‘Lean and Luscious and Meatless’ by Hinman and Snyder and has been modified to include real food ingredients. You can enjoy this for dinner and it’s great for leftovers!
For 4 people
- 4 Packages - Frozen squash - Thawed (About 6 C)
- 0.5 Cup - Oat Bran - Toasted
- 0.5 Cup - Maple syrup
- 1 Cup - Nonfat Dry Buttermilk - Or Nonfat Dry Milk Or The Vegan Equivalent
- 1 Tablespoon - Grated Orange Peel
- 1.5 Teaspoon - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix together oat bran, dry milk, orange peel and seasoning.
- Whisk in squash and syrup.
- Bake at 350F in a large rectangular pan (I use glass) for about an hour.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe of baked squash is an easy and healthy way to enjoy a low-fat, vegetarian meal. It only takes 1 hour to make and thanks to the oat bran, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and orange peel, it’s full of flavour. It’s great for dinner or leftovers and is worth to make it again. Enjoy!