The holiday season is here, and it’s time to start thinking about all the delicious recipes you’ll be serving up. If you’re looking for a vegetarian-friendly dish that is sure to please, this vegetarian cornbread dressing is the perfect option. It is a classic recipe that is made with a mix of cornbread and white bread, onion, eggs, and various herbs and spices. The result is a savory and flavorful dish that will be a hit with your family and friends. Serve it with cranberry sauce for the perfect sweet and salty combination.
For 1 people
- 2 Cans - Vegetable broth
- 1 Med - Onion - grated
- 2 Packages - Cornbread mix - Korn Kits or other mix
- 5 - White bread slices - dehydrated or slightly toasted
- 2 - Eggs - or equivalent replacer
- 1 Teaspoon - Salt - or salt substitute
- 1.5 Teaspoons - White pepper
- 2 Tablespoons - Poultry seasoning
- 0.5 Teaspoon - Celery seed
- In a large bowl, mix together the crumbled cornbread and white bread with the grated onion, eggs, salt, white pepper, poultry seasoning and celery seed. and mix until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the dressing mixture to a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Pour the cans of vegetable broth over the mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until the top of the dressing has lightly browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving with some cranberry sauce for the perfect sweet and salty combination.
This vegetarian cornbread dressing is a simple recipe that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It is a great way to enjoy a delicious, vegetarian-friendly dish that is perfect for any special occasion or holiday. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a savory and flavorful dish that will be a hit! Be sure to serve it with cranberry sauce for the perfect sweet and salty combination. Enjoy!