Want to whip up a delicious and filling dinner, but don’t have a lot of time on your hands? This oven-baked meat and potato dish is perfect for those busy weeknights! All the ingredients are combined in one pan and baked together for the ultimate convenience. The flavor of the ground round steak, potatoes, onions, and peas and carrots come together with the creamy mushroom soup to create a delicious dinner your family will love.
For 1 people
- 3/4 pound - Ground round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon - Pepper
- 1 tablespoon - Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup - Chopped onion
- 2 - Potatoes (boiled and sliced)
- 1 box - Frozen peas and carrots (10 oz), thawed
- 2 cans - Reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (10 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground round steak. Once cooked, drain any fat and transfer to a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle the pepper and Worcestershire sauce over the ground beef.
- Cover the beef with the chopped onion, sliced potatoes, and thawed peas and carrots.
- Pour the mushroom soup over the top of the dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Once finished cooking, remove the foil and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This easy oven-baked dinner is the perfect weeknight meal for a busy family. It takes only minutes to prepare and there’s only one pan to wash after. The flavor of the steak, potatoes, onion, and mushrooms all come together for a hearty and filling main dish. Enjoy the deliciousness of this meat and potato dish tonight!