This Tomato Lime Salsa recipe is the perfect summer dish! It’s low fat, vegan, and vegetarian friendly, and it’s incredibly easy to make. It only takes a few simple ingredients and is a great accompaniment to any meal. Whether it’s grilled chicken, fish, or even just as a dip with tortilla chips, this salsa is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day!
For 1 people
- 1 cup - Seeded and finely chopped plum tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- 0.5 cup - Peeled seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon - Finely chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon - Lime zest
- 2 teaspoons - Finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons - Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.5 tablespoons - Chopped fresh mint
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt -- or to taste
- 0.25 teaspoon - Black pepper -- or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl and mix well.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Salsa can be made a day ahead, covered and stored in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, drain salsa well and bring to room temperature.
- Serve with grilled chicken or fish, or as a dip with tortilla chips.
This Tomato Lime Salsa is a delicious and easy side dish that is perfect for any summer gathering. With simple ingredients and an easy prep time, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day! So grab your ingredients and get cooking!