This delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Bread is the perfect treat. Made with fresh garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, this bread has a unique and delicious flavor that will have you coming back for more. It is easy to make and can be enjoyed with a light spread of butter or olive oil. Enjoy this savory treat with friends, family, or just yourself.
For 1 people
- 1 clove - Garlic
- 2 tablespoons - Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon - Oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2.5 teaspoons - Active dry yeast (1 pkg) or small cake fresh yeast
- 0.25 cup - Warm water
- 1 cup - Water, room temperature
- 0.33 cup - To 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped coarse
- 3.75 cups - Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - Salt
- 1 - Egg white, beaten
- Lightly sauté the garlic and onion in the oil; let cool to room temperature.
- Stir the yeast into the warm water in a large bowl; let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of water, the garlic and onion with the oil, then stir in the tomatoes.
- Mix the flour and salt and stir 1 cup at a time into the yeast mixture.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface, sprinkling with 2 to 3 tablespoons additional flour as needed, until the dough is soft, velvety, and slightly moist, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down on a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet or peel sprinkled with flour.
- Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°. If using a baking stone, turn the oven on 30 minutes before baking and sprinkle the stone with cornmeal just before sliding the loaf onto it.
- Make 3 parallel slashes on the top of the loaf with a razor.
- Brush the top with the egg white.
- Bake 10 minutes, spraying 3 times with water.
- Reduce the heat to 375° and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer.
- Cool completely on a rack.
Now that you have successfully made this Sun-Dried Tomato Bread, you can enjoy it with a light spread of butter or olive oil. Enjoy this savory treat with friends and family or just yourself. This bread is perfect for any occasion and is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy!