Potato bread is a savory delight that is popular in many countries, including Russia and Poland. This Slavic-style potato bread is stuffed with ricotta cheese, nutmeg, cayenne, and mashed potatoes. The cheese adds richness and the spices give the bread a wonderful savory flavor, perfect for a hearty breakfast or as a side dish at dinner. This recipe is adapted for use in a bread machine, making the process easy and effortless.
- 3/4 cup cup - Ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp teaspoons - Active dry yeast
- 2 2/3 cup cups - Bread flour
- 3/4 tsp teaspoon - Grated nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp teaspoon - Salt
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon - Cayenne
- 3/4 cup cup - Mashed potatoes
- 1 whole whole - Egg
- 1 - Egg yolk
- 1/3 cup cup - Water
- Drain the cheese in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or a sturdy paper towel for 30 minutes. Discard the liquid.
- Add all the ingredients to the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer's directions and select the 'bread' cycle.
- Once the baking cycle is complete, watch for the timer to reach zero, then remove the bread from the machine and let it cool before serving.
This flavorful Slavic potato bread is a delicious way to enjoy a savory breakfast or side dish. The combination of ricotta cheese, nutmeg, cayenne, and mashed potatoes yields a unique and tasty treat. With the help of a bread machine, this delicious potato bread can be ready in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Give this comforting dinner side dish a try today!