If you’re looking for a recipe that will yield light and fluffy breads with a fine texture, then look no further than this sponge dough recipe. With the use of honey, olive oil and a few other ingredients, you’ll be able to create the softest and most delicious dough in no time. Just combine the ingredients, knead the dough, let it rise and then shape it into whatever form you desire for an enjoyable meal that is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
- 1 teaspoon - Active dry yeast
- 3 cups - Flour
- 1.25 cups - Lukewarm water
- 1.5 teaspoons - Honey
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil
- Mix yeast, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup water with 1/2 teaspoon honey in the water. Let it rest for 20 minutes until the mixture is foamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour with salt. Dissolve the remaining honey in the remaining water and add in the olive oil and dough sponge.
- Mix the remaining flour into the mixture until you have a slightly sticky dough. Knead it on a floured surface for 15 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise until it doubles in size, 1-1 1/2 hours. Punch down the dough and divide it in two.
- Dust each portion with flour and put them into two separate ziploc bags. Put them in the freezer for 30 minutes to stop the rising.
- When ready to shape the dough, remove it from the refrigerator and punch it down thoroughly. Spread and stretch the dough onto a greased pizza pan or pizza peel spread with cornmeal.
- Add sauce and toppings of your choice and bake it at 500 degrees on a pizza stone for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden. Cool it for 2-3 minutes on a wire rack before cutting.
- Enjoy your delicious pizza crusts!
This sponge dough recipe is a great way to make sure that you get the perfect light and fluffy texture for all of your breads. With the addition of honey, olive oil, and a few other ingredients, you can be sure that your dough will be soft, flavorful, and delicious. Enjoy your new favorite sponge dough with your favorite toppings!