This Sicilian Bread recipe is a delicious way to experience Italian flavors. A combination of sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and raisins is used to create a flavorful and aromatic result. If you’re looking for a side dish or a snack for your family, this bread is a great choice. The bread is made in a bread machine, and it’s quick and easy to prepare. Best of all, this bread is surprisingly low in calories, making it a healthy alternative.
For 8 people
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Active Dry Yeast
- 1 3/4 cups - Bread Flour
- 1/2 cup - Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon - Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons - Capers
- 1 tablespoon - Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- 2 tablespoons - Raisins or Currants
- 2 tablespoons - Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup - Water
- Pour boiling water over the sun-dried tomatoes halves and soak for 10 minutes. Drain, and cool to room temperature. With a scissors, snip into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and program the machine for the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
This Sicilian Bread is a delicious side dish or snack. The combination of sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and raisins gives the bread a unique flavor and aroma. With a bread machine, it’s quick and easy to make. Best of all, this bread is surprisingly low in calories, making it a healthier choice. Try out this Sicilian Bread recipe today!