This tantalizing combination of herbs and spices will bring out the best in any chicken dish. The combination of rosemary and thyme creates a robust flavor that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Roasting the chicken in an oven bag helps to keep the moisture and flavor inside the chicken, while giving it a beautiful golden color. This is a surefire way to make a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to become a family favorite!
For 6 people
- 2.5 pounds - Skinless chicken, defatted, wing tips and tail removed
- 2 tablespoons - Spice mixture (such as Mrs. Dash orSpike)
- 2 sprigs - Fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig - Fresh thyme
- Sprinkle the chicken inside and out with the spice mixture.
- Place the rosemary and thyme inside the chicken.
- Place the chicken in an oven bag, tie, and, using a knife, cut a slit into the top.
- Place the bag in a microwave-safe casserole and cook at high for 12 to 16 minutes (or bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes), turning once after 7 minutes carefully.
- If any part of the chicken is pink, return (covered) to the microwave oven for 4 or 5 minutes, or the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, discard the herbs, and serve hot.
This roasted chicken with rosemary and thyme is a flavor-packed recipe that the whole family can enjoy. With its low fat content and flavorful blend of herbs and spices, it’s sure to be a winner in any home kitchen. Serve with a side of your favorite vegetables and a salad for a complete meal that is sure to please everyone.