These pork medallions cooked in a red plum sauce are a delicious and easy dinner option. Sweet and savory flavors come together to create an unforgettable meal. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
For 4 people
- 1/4 cup - Chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon - Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup - Red plum jam
- 1 tablespoon - Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon - Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon - Ground ginger
- 2 small - Plums - cut into 8-wedges
- 1 pound - Pork tenderloin - trimmed and cut crosswise into 8-pieces
- Spray an 8-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Add the chopped onion and oil to the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 7 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the red plum jam, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and ground ginger. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jam is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the plums and stir. Set sauce aside.
- Pound pork pieces lightly to 1-inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides of each piece lightly with cayenne. Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or just until meat is no longer pink, turning over once. Serve topped with plum sauce.
This savory pork dish is a great way to add flavor to your weeknight dinners. It is also a great option for busy weeknights as it only takes 20 minutes to make! Enjoy this delicious meal with a side of your favorite vegetable and you have a complete meal. Serve the pork with extra plum sauce on the side or top with a sprinkle of fresh herbs for an extra touch of flavor.