Pasta e fagioli is a classic Italian dish that is typically made with pasta and beans. This version is low-fat and vegetarian, but still full of flavor. You can make it in less than an hour and serve it with a side of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It’s perfect for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner meal.
For 1 people
- 3/4 tsp - Olive oil
- 2/3 cup - Canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves - Garlic
- 1 tablespoon - Rosemary
- 2 2/3 cups - Vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 1/4 lbs - Canned white kidney beans
- 3 ounces - Rotini pasta
- 1/2 lb - Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon - Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a heavy non-reactive saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, rosemary, and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine remaining stock with 2/3 cup of the kidney beans in a blender and puree. Transfer to the tomato mixture.
- Add the remaining kidney beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and zucchini and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with Parmesan.
This easy, delicious and healthy pasta e fagioli recipe is a great option for lunch, dinner, or even just a snack. With its low-fat, vegetarian ingredients, you can be sure that you’re getting a healthy meal that is packed with flavor. Serve it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for an added kick of flavor and enjoy!