If you’re looking for an easy and delicious Italian casserole, look no further than this vegetarian version of Lazy Mom’s Lasagna. This easy dish combines savory soy crumbles, frozen cheese ravioli, and low-fat provolone cheese. Perfect for busy weeknights, this casserole is sure to please the whole family. Plus, it will still taste great when made with low-fat ingredients, so you can enjoy without the guilt!
- 1 - Soy crumbles
- 0.5 - Minced onion (optional)
- 1 - Minced garlic (optional)
- 1 - Dried basil
- 1 - Dried oregano
- 12 - Low-fat frozen cheese ravioli
- 14 - Spaghetti sauce
- 8 - Low-fat provolone cheese, sliced
- 0.25 - Grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using, saute the optional onion, optional garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper in a large, ovenproof skillet. When the vegetables are transparent, add in the soy crumbles until heated through and take everything out of the pan.
- Put the still-frozen ravioli into the pan, breaking them up if they are clumped. Spread the soy crumble mixture evenly over the ravioli, and ladle the spaghetti sauce evenly over the ground beef mixture.
- Over medium heat, without stirring, cook until the ravioli is heated through and beginning to brown on the bottom - about 10 minutes.
- Take the skillet off the heat, lay the provolone slices over the ground beef mixture, and sprinkle the whole thing with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Serve hot.
This delicious vegetarian casserole will please your whole family – even the pickiest eaters! Plus, it’s so easy to make and can be made with low-fat ingredients so you can enjoy without the guilt. Enjoy this Lazy Mom’s Lasagna as a main course, or as a side dish to any Italian-style dinner. Buon appetito!