My most recent order from King Arthur Flour’s Baker’s Catalogue included a unique t-shirt with their logo on the front and their Hearth Bread recipe on the back. I just had to have it, and thought that many of you would enjoy their sentiment as well. This hearty multi-grain bread is simple to make and full of flavor. It’s perfect for any occasion, from a light breakfast to a special family dinner! The combination of mueslix cereal, oil, buttermilk, brown sugar, salt, and bread flour make this a truly unique and delicious experience.
For 1 people
- 1 1/2 Lb of Loaf
- 1 cups of Water -- Plus
- 1 Tbsp of Water -- (80F)
- 3 Tbsp of Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Buttermilk -- Saco
- 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1 cups of Mueslix Cereal
- 3 cups of Bread Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Active Dry Yeast -- Red Star Brand
- Add the ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual.
- Using a Basic Medium setting, mix the ingredients together.
- Allow the bread to rise until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for about 40 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Allow the bread to cool before serving.
This hearty multi-grain bread is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. It’s full of wholesome ingredients and is sure to please. And the best part is, it’s super easy to make, so you can enjoy it any time you please! So why not give it a try today, and see just how delicious it is!