This Cornbread #10 is a recipe that has been passed down to me from my German grandmother. It’s a yeast-free bread that’s fantastic with slabs of butter on it! It’s a quick and easy recipe to make and tastes fresh and delicious. Plus, it’s a great way to make memories of your ancestors.
- 1 cup - Yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup - Flour
- 0.25 cup - Sugar
- 1 Tbsp - Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp - Salt
- 1 can - Whole kernel corn
- 1 can - Cream style corn
- 0.5 cup - Butter or margarine
- 0.25 cup - Milk
- 2 - Eggs
- Combine the first 5 dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix corn, butter, milk and eggs in another bowl and then pour in flour mixture.
- Stir just enough to blend.
- Pour mixture into 8-inch square baking pan and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Alternatively, pour mixture into 12 large greased or non-stick muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Your Grandma’s Cornbread #10 is now ready to enjoy! Serve it hot with real butter and savor the delicious flavor. This is a recipe that will stay with you for many years to come. Whether you halve or third the ingredients, the recipe will still turn out great. Enjoy!