Tired of frozen pizza or take out? Make delicious homemade pizza dough in no time! With only a few ingredients and your trusty bread machine, you’ll have a delicious and flavorful dough ready to be made into pizza, calzones or focaccia. This easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 1/2 cups - Water (3/4)
- 2 Tbsp - Olive Oil (1 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp - Salt (1 tsp)
- 2 tsp - Sugar (1 tsp)
- 4 cups - Flour (2 cups)
- 4 tsp - Machine yeast (2 tsp)
- Measure ingredients according to your bread machine's specifications. Place ingredients in machine and select the dough cycle.
- If you will be using the dough immediately, let it rest for 5 minutes under plastic wrap before shaping.
- If freezing, remove the dough from the pan, divide as necessary, wrap well or use a good freezer bag, squeezing out all the air before sealing.
- A large batch will make two 12-14 inch pizzas, while a small batch will make one.
- Optional: to make focaccia, add 3-4 Tbsp of dried onion and/or 1-2 minced cloves of garlic to the dough before baking. Brush with additional olive oil and season with garlic, rosemary and basil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. You can also press olives or sun-dried tomatoes into the crust before baking at 400 degrees F. for about 15 minutes.
Making your own pizza dough has never been so easy! This recipe is sure to become a family favorite, and it’s a great way to impress your friends with a homemade pizza in no time. With only a few ingredients and your bread machine, you can have fresh and flavorful pizza dough ready in no time! Bon appetit!