This Ratatouille Pie is a great way to get your veggies in a tasty pie. It’s packed with a delicious array of vegetables like tomatoes, peppers and zucchini. The tomato sauce gives it a great flavor and is low in fat and calories. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make and is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 2 tablespoons - Seasoned bread crumbs, dry and finely ground
- 0.5 pound - Zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices diagonally
- 2 tablespoons - Fat-free parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small - Onion, cut in half then cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium - Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove - Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon - Olive oil
- 1 cup - Tomato sauce, Italian style
- 0.5 teaspoon - Dried oregano
- 0.125 teaspoon - Pepper
- 1 container - Frozen breaded eggplant slices
- 2 ounces - Pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 can - Tomato sauce
- 0.25 teaspoon - Sugar
- 0.125 teaspoon - Dried basil leaves
- 0.125 teaspoon - Onion powder
- Generously spray a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable oil or margarine. Cover the bottom and sides with the finely ground bread crumbs, leaving any extra crumbs on the bottom of the plate.
- Place the sliced zucchini in a 1-quart casserole dish, cover it and microwave it at High for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring it 1 or 2 times. Drain the zucchini and layer it on the bottom and sides of the pie plate, overlapping the layers.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, green pepper, garlic and olive oil. Cover the bowl and microwave at High for 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Drain the vegetables and stir in the tomato sauce, oregano and pepper. Spoon this mixture over the zucchini.
- Top the zucchini with the frozen eggplant slices and microwave at High for 7 to 12 minutes, rotating the plate 1 or 2 times. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Garnish the Ratatouille Pie with the sliced black olives, if desired. For the tomato sauce, use 1 can (8 ounces) of tomato sauce plus 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of dried basil leaves and 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder.
This Ratatouille Pie is a great way to get your veggies in a tasty and healthy way. It’s low in fat and calories, packed with delicious vegetables, and is sure to be a hit with the whole family! Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make and can be a great dinner option. Enjoy!