This Carrot Paste recipe is a vegan sauce that is easy to make and packed with flavor and nutrients. It is the perfect accompaniment to any meal, plus it is low in fat, so you can enjoy it without any guilt. The sauce is made with leeks, carrots, garlic, chicken broth, butter and olive oil. Simply cut the leeks and carrots into thin rounds, and add the other ingredients. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, then transfer to a food processor and puree until it reaches a paste-like consistency. Serve with your favorite dishes and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal!
For 1 people
- 1 bag - Carrots
- 2 large - Leeks
- 4 cloves - Garlic
- 2 packets - Chicken broth
- 1 cup - Water
- 2 teaspoons - Butter
- 2 teaspoons - Olive oil
- 1/2 packet - Butter Buds
- White wine (optional)
- Pepper to season
- Melt the butter in olive oil in a soup pot. Add sliced leeks and stir and cover, stirring every 3 minutes, until leeks become translucent.
- Add diced garlic and sliced carrots and add the super strong broth and butter buds. Add some white wine, sake to be exact, if desired.
- Just cover carrots with the liquid (add some water if necessary) and turn down to simmer. Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 10-15 minutes - adding liquid as necessary to stop burning.
- When carrots are tender, and break apart easily, turn off heat and let cool long enough to transfer to a food processor.
- Puree the mixture in the food processor until it reaches a paste-like consistency. Serve with your favorite dishes and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal!
Carrot Paste is an easy and delicious vegan sauce that is perfect for any occasion. With only 2 teaspoons of added fat, it is a guilt free way to enjoy a flavorful and nutrient-packed sauce. Make it today and enjoy a delicious meal!