This delicious Moroccan Chicken recipe is one of a kind! It’s marinated overnight in a mixture of port, vinegar, and honey, and then cooked with oranges, dates, prunes, raisins, and halved apricots. The end result is a flavorful and unique dish that is sure to be a hit. Everyone at the table will be amazed by the combination of flavors in this one-of-a-kind dish. Plus, it’s easy to make and great for any occasion.
- 1 Large - Orange
- 6 - Chicken breast halves without skin
- 3 Tablespoons - Chopped fresh parsley
- 8 Cloves - Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons - Ground cumin
- 1/2 Cup - Port wine
- 1/4 Cup - Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons - Honey
- 10 - Dates
- 10 - Prunes
- 1/2 Cup - Raisins
- 12 - Halved apricots, dried
- Arrange the orange slices in bottom of a glass baking dish. In a bowl, mix the parsley, garlic, and cumin. Rub the mixture into the chicken and place the chicken on top of the oranges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the port, vinegar, and honey. Pour the mixture over the chicken and tuck the fruit around the chicken. Season with pepper and cover the dish. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight, turning the chicken once.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the chicken for about 35 to 45 minutes, covered, with the marinade and fruit. Transfer the chicken, fruit, and olives to a platter and discard the orange slices.
- Pour the pan juices into a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced by half. Once reduced, season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon some sauce over the chicken and garnish it with parsley. Serve the remaining sauce on the side.
This delicious Moroccan Chicken dish is a unique and flavorful meal! Marinating the chicken overnight helps to infuse the flavors into the dish and the addition of the fruit makes it a truly special treat. Serve this dish for special occasions or just when you want a special dinner. It will be sure to be a hit!