This light and delicious barley and oat bread will add a lovely chewy texture to your meals. It makes a great accompaniment to vegetable and meat soups, especially Scotch broth. Perfect for sandwiches, toast or simply as a snack, this bread is easy to make and is great for vegetarians and people on a health kick.
For 10 people
- 2.25 teaspoons - Active Dry Yeast
- 2.5 Cups - Bread Flour
- 0.75 Cup - Barley Flour
- 0.33 Cup - Rolled Oats
- 3 Tablespoons - Wheat Germ
- 3 Tablespoons - Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 3 Tablespoons - Orange Zest
- 3 Tablespoons - Sesame Seeds
- 1.5 Teaspoons - Salt
- 3 Tablespoons - Honey
- 1.5 Teaspoons - Wonderslim
- 1.33 Cups - Water
- Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and process on the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturer's directions.
- When the bread is finished baking, remove it from the machine and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled, enjoy it as a sandwich, toast or alone as a snack.
- It also goes great with vegetable and meat soups, especially Scotch broth.
This delicious barley and oat bread is a great addition to any meal. It is easy to make and is perfect for vegetarians and people on a health kick. Enjoy it as a sandwich, toast or alone as a snack and savor the lovely texture that it brings. You won’t regret it!