Fried doughnuts are a timeless classic and make a great snack or dessert any time of the day. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to make your family smile. It uses all-purpose flour, buttermilk, baking powder and eggs to give it a light and fluffy texture that’s perfect for a snack or a treat. Enjoy these delightful drop doughnuts with a dollop of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a truly delicious experience!
For 30 people
- 4 - Eggs
- 3 C - All-purpose flour
- 1 C - Buttermilk
- 1.5 Tsp - Baking powder
- 2 Tsp - Vanilla extract
- 0 - Cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 Tbsp - Grated Lemon Rind or Grated Orange Peel (optional)
- 0 - Honey
- 0 - Cinnamon
- Beat eggs and stir in the buttermilk, vanilla extract and grated peel.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture. Cover with a cloth and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375F. Drop batter by the tablespoon.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until doughnuts are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve hot.
These delicious drop doughnuts are an easy and fun recipe to make. You can store the batter in the fridge for up to one week if you don’t want to use it all at once. Serve them with your favorite topping like honey and cinnamon, or try a mixture of dark and white chocolate chips for an extra decadent treat. Enjoy!