This recipe for New Mexico Spoon Bread is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy a meal. It is nutritiously packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals and its nutty full-flavored taste will satisfy your appetite. It’s great for a meal or snack any time of day – eaten with a soup, in a sandwich, or toasted for breakfast. Give it a try and see how deliciously healthy it is.
- 1 can - Creamed corn
- 3/4 cup - Milk
- 1/3 cup - Melted shortening
- 1 1/2 cups - Cornmeal
- 2 - Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon - Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Sugar
- 1 can - Chopped green chile
- 1 1/2 cups - Grated cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients except for the chile and cheese.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and chile.
- Add the remaining batter and top with the remaining cheese and chile.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.
This New Mexico Spoon Bread is a great way to enjoy a healthy and full-flavored meal. It’s perfect for eating with minestrone or any kind of soup, in a sandwich filled with tuna fish or chicken salad or roasted vegetables, or toasted for breakfast. It’s full of fiber and vitamins and minerals, making it a great choice for a healthy and delicious meal. Enjoy!