Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic French dish that combines chicken, ham, and cheese. It is a great dish for entertaining or for a family dinner. The dish is easy to make and has a great combination of flavors. It is also a great way to use up leftovers. The recipe is simple, yet it is sure to please everyone at the table.
For 4 people
- 4 - Chicken breast halves
- 2 slices - Lowfat Swiss cheese
- 0.25 cup - Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon - Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon - Grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 tablespoon - Dried thyme, crushed
- 4 teaspoons - Light margarine, melted
- 4 slices - Cooked ham, lean (4 oz)
- Place the chicken between two pieces of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread the mustard evenly down the center of each breast.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the mustard.
- Top each breast with a slice of ham and a half slice of cheese.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, tucking in the sides of the ham and chicken to seal.
- Secure with skewers or large wooden toothpicks.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Brush each chicken breast with melted margarine and roll in the crumb mixture.
- Place in a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove the skewers and serve immediately.
This delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic dish that is sure to please everyone at the table. The combination of flavors is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The dish is also easy to make, and it can be served with a variety of sides. Whether you serve it with a side of mashed potatoes, or a side salad, you can be sure that this dish will be a hit at any gathering. Enjoy!