This Cranberry Polka Dot Quick Bread is a delightful and simple treat that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or an afternoon snack. It is a tasty and nutritious combination of cranberries, cheddar cheese and walnuts, combined with unbleached flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, egg, butter and orange peel.
For 4 people
- 2 C - Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 C - Milk
- 1 - Egg (large, slightly beaten)
- 1/4 C - Butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp - Orange Peel (grated)
- 2 C - Flour (unbleached)
- 1 C - Sugar
- 1 Tbsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp - Salt
- 1 1/2 C - Cheddar Cheese (medium, shredded)
- 1/2 C - Walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Cut the cranberries in half and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, egg, butter, and orange peel and set aside.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the halved cranberries, cheese, and nuts. Toss with a fork to distribute.
- Add the milk mixture all at once and stir the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Turn into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. Cool to room temperature on the wire rack before slicing.
This Cranberry Polka Dot Quick Bread is easy to make and yields a delicious and flavorful bread. Enjoy it warm with butter, or wrapped up in a napkin as you travel out the door. With its delicious combination of cranberries, cheddar cheese, walnuts and orange peel, you can be sure that this recipe will become a family favorite.