- 1 Pastry Crust - (9-inch)
- 3 tablespoons - Cornstarch - divided
- 2 tablespoons - Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash - Salt
- 1 1/3 cups - 1% low-fat milk - divided
- 1 ounce - Semisweet chocolate - chopped
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon - Salt
- 2 large - Eggs
- 1 tablespoon - Stick margarine or butter
- 2 teaspoons - Vanilla extract
- 2 ounces - Block-style fat-free cream cheese - softened
- 2 cups - Sliced ripe banana - (about 2 large bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups - Frozen fat-free whipped topping - thawed
- 1 optional - Chocolate curls
- Prepare and bake Pastry Crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa, and dash of salt in a small, heavy saucepan; gradually add 1/3 cup milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir in chocolate; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Spread chocolate mixture into bottom of prepared crust.
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, eggs, 1 cup milk, and margarine in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook 30 seconds or until thick. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Beat cream cheese until light (about 30 seconds). Add 1/4 cup hot custard to cream cheese, and beat just until blended. Stir in remaining custard.
- Arrange banana slices on top of chocolate layer; spoon custard over bananas. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; chill 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap. Spread whipped topping evenly over custard. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
This Cocoa-Banana Cream Pie is a decadent and delicious dessert that is sure to impress at the Thanksgiving table. With just a few simple steps, and a few ingredients, you can create this beautiful and flavorful dessert that is sure to become a favorite. Enjoy your own homemade pie with family and friends.