This savory and hearty chicken dish is both delicious and nutritious. The simple yet flavorful marinade of lemon juice, salt and pepper, gives the chicken its delicious flavor. Served with a crunchy relish made of red Anjou pear, radishes, red bell pepper, tarragon, basil, almonds and various spices, this is a flavorful, nutriton-packed meal that the whole family will be sure to love.
For 2 people
- 1 of Red Anjou Pear, cored and chopped (leave the skin on)
- 3 of Radishes (2 or 3)
- 2 tablespoons of Red bell pepper
- 1 sprig of Tarragon, to taste
- 2 small of Basil leaves
- a pinch of Salt
- generous of Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Slivered almonds, as topping
- 0.5 cup of Vegetable broth, full-flavored
- 0.5 teaspoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon of Tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces of Skinless boneless chicken breast halves, apportioned
- of Salt and pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon of Lemon rind, finely julienned
- of Olive oil spray
- 0.5 teaspoon of Canola oil, butter flavored
- 0.33 pound of Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- of Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Olive oil, or less
- 1 teaspoon of Chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces of Green beans, fresh, steamed
- Use a food processor to finely dice the pear, radishes and piece of red bell pepper. Add the tarragon and basil leaves, salt and pepper, and pulse a few seconds until incorporated. [Do no process the almonds.]
- Next combine the sauce ingredients, adding things to the measure of broth.
- Preheat a square grill pan on the stove top to high. Meanwhile, finely julienne cut a few quarter sized pieces of lemon peel and press the lemon into the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Grill in the hot pan, turning as infrequently as possible until the grid lines are a golden brown. Transfer to an oven proof dish and place in the oven to continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. Saute flipping constantly the minced pear mixture. Add the almonds and toss. Add the sauce liquids and allow to bubble and reduce by one third; the sauce retain some of his juiciness; add salt and pepper to taste. Flavor with oil or butter if desired.
- Plate the chicken; top with the relish and and saucy juice.
- Scrub and cube the Idaho potatoes. Saute briefly in garlic and olive oil; sprinkle with salt and plenty of pepper and minced fresh rosemary. Roast in a preheated 425degF oven, covered, for 25 minutes. Steam a fresh vegetable; we had green beans.
This delicious and hearty meal is packed with flavor and nutrition, and is sure to become a family favorite. The combination of the sweet and savory flavors of the Anjou pear relish, the juicy chicken, and the crunchy Idaho potatoes are sure to please all your family members. Enjoy!