Make your baking stand out with this delicious blueberry oatmeal bread. It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. The combination of oats, lemon zest and frozen blueberries creates a great flavour and texture that will have your friends and family coming back for more.
- 2 Cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup - Quick-cooking oats
- 0.75 Cup - Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons - Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon - Lemon peel
- 0.5 Teaspoon - Baking soda
- 0.5 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1.25 Cups - Skim milk
- 0.33 Cup - Oil
- 2 Teaspoons - Vanilla
- 2 eggs - Slightly beaten
- 1 Cup - Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9" X 5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add mixture from small bowl to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and cooling it completely.
- Wrap the cooled bread tightly and store it in the refrigerator.
This quick and easy blueberry oatmeal bread is sure to be a hit at your next gathering. With only a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of effort, you can have a delicious loaf of oat-y, fruity goodness. Enjoy!