Beer damper bread is an iconic Australian bread made with just two ingredients: flour and beer. This traditional bread was originally made by swagmen (or travelers) in the 19th century, and has since become a popular dish all over Australia. It’s simple to make and is a great addition to any meal. This recipe will show you how to make a delicious beer damper bread that your family and friends will love! So, let’s get baking!
- 3 cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 can - Beer
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and beer to form a dough. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it's smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it on a greased baking sheet. Cut a few slits in the top of the loaf for decoration.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
There you have it—a delicious beer damper bread that your family and friends will love! This bread is best served fresh from the oven, with a pat of butter or a bit of jam. And of course, you can always enjoy it with a cold beer. So, why not give this traditional Australian bread a try? You won’t regret it!