Aafke’s Spicy Quick Bread is a scrumptious and healthy way to enjoy a quick bread. Featuring whole wheat pastry flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, cloves, soy milk, prune puree, canola oil and soy yogurt, this dish is lowfat, vegan and vegetarian friendly. Serve with roast duck or pork for a great meal!
For 1 people
- 2 1/2 cups - Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup - Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon - Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground cloves
- 1/2 cup - Soy milk
- 1/2 cup - Prune puree
- 2 tablespoons - Canola oil
- 1 cup - Soy yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy milk, prune puree, canola oil, and soy yogurt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately one hour.
- Let cool before serving.
Enjoy this Spicy Quick Bread as a light lunch or dinner, or serve it as a snack! Delicious when served with roast duck or pork, this vegan, vegetarian, and lowfat dish is sure to please everyone. Don’t forget to refrigerate leftovers for later use. Enjoy!