If you like making homemade mixes, try this easy-to-make Ground Beef Helper Mix. It’s delicious, healthy and perfect to use as a base for tasty dinners for the whole family. It is a low fat vegan dish, made with nonfat dry instant milk, cornstarch, unsalted chicken or beef bouillon powder, onion flakes, dried basil, thyme, black pepper, parsley and garlic powder.
- 2 Cups - Nonfat dry instant milk
- 1 Cup - Cornstarch
- 0.25 Cup - Unsalted chicken or beef bouillon powder
- 2 Tablespoons - Onion flakes
- 1 Teaspoon - Dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon - Dried thyme
- 1 Teaspoon - Black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons - Dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon - Garlic powder
- Mix together all ingredients and store in an air tight container.
- For Chili Tomato Mac, brown one pound ground beef or turkey and drain off the fat. Add one cup water, one and one-half cups of uncooked macaroni, two 15-oz cans chopped tomatoes, one tablespoon chili powder and one-half cup of the "Helper" mix. Simmer covered 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- For Ground Beef Stroganoff, brown one pound ground beef or turkey and drain off the fat. Add 2 cups water, one-half cup "Helper" mix and two cups uncooked egg noodles and stir. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Top with one-half cup "light" sour cream or plain yogurt. Serve immediately.
- For Hearty Potato Casserole, brown one pound ground beef or turkey and drain off the fat. Add three-fourth cup water, six peeled potatoes (sliced very thin), one cup of frozen mixed peas and carrots and one-half cup plus 1 tablespoon seasoning mix. Simmer covered 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir, uncover and cook until excess water is evaporated.
- For Skillet Lasagna, in a large skillet, brown one pound of lean ground beef, crumble. Drain off the fat and add: one-half cup of the Homemade Ground Beef Helper Mix, one chopped onion, two cups water, 16 ounces of tomato sauce, three cups dry noodles and one-fourth cup Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring until thickened. Top with two cups of mozzarella cheese five minutes before serving; turn off heat, stop stirring and allow cheese to melt.
Now you can enjoy a delicious and healthy dinner made with this homemade Ground Beef Helper Mix. It’s easy to prepare and you can use it as a base for many other dishes. Try to experiment with different ingredients and discover new flavors. Enjoy!