This delightful diabetic-friendly dish is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone. This one-of-a-kind medley combines delicious fresh fruit with low-fat ricotta cheese for a creamy topping. We’ve also thrown in some frozen orange juice concentrate for added flavor. Serve this medley with any roast for a memorable meal!
- 1 Small - Apple
- 2 Tablespoons - Low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 Medium - Bananas
- 1/8 teaspoon - Ground ginger
- 1 Small - Orange
- 1/8 teaspoon - Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup - Seedless grapes
- 1 Tablespoon - Frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup - Low-fat yogurt
- Mix all of the fruit together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the frozen orange juice concentrate.
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, ricotta cheese, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Divide the fruit between four dessert bowls.
- Top each bowl with the yogurt-ricotta sauce.
- Garnish each bowl with a walnut half.
This Fresh Fruit Medley is a delicious and nutritious way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Feel free to customize the ingredients to suit your own taste. Substitute melon, kiwi fruit, strawberries, blueberries, pears or pineapple for the apple and banana. Serve the medley with or without the topping. Enjoy!