This vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is a creamy and delicious plant-based pasta dish. The silken tofu Alfredo sauce is wonderfully rich and flavorful, and the fettuccine is cooked al dente and tossed together with the tofu sauce. Serve this vegan Fettuccine Alfredo over cooked brown rice or bowls of polenta for an easy and delicious dinner! You can substitute curly endive for the escarole if desired.
- 12 ounces - Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons - Light margarine
- 3 cloves - Garlic — crushed
- 1 pound - Lite firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup - Lowfat 1% milk or soy milk
- 1/2 cup - Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- Freshly ground pepper — to taste
- Extra Parmesan cheese (optional) — for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the margarine in a small skillet. Add the crushed garlic cloves and sauté over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic cloves.
- Combine the silken tofu, milk, Parmesan cheese, and salt in a food processor. Pour the melted margarine from the skillet into the food processor and process until completely smooth and creamy.
- Combine the hot, drained noodles and the tofu sauce in a large serving bowl and toss together. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and toss again.
- Serve the Fettuccine Alfredo at once. Pass around extra grated Parmesan cheese to whoever wants some.
This vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is an easy and delicious plant-based pasta dish. The silken tofu Alfredo sauce is wonderfully rich and flavorful, and the fettuccine is cooked al dente and tossed together with the sauce. Serve over cooked brown rice or bowls of polenta for a complete meal. Add some fresh greens, like escarole or curly endive, to the dish to make it a full meal. Enjoy!