Ratatouille is a classic French dish made of stewed vegetables. This delicious vegan version is sure to please your taste buds as you savor the summery flavors of eggplant, green peppers, onions, garlic, and herbs. The combination of these ingredients bursts with flavor and gives you an exciting way to liven up your meal. Enjoy this recipe any time of the year!
- 2 medium - Onions
- 1 - Eggplant
- 2 - Zucchini
- 2 - Green peppers
- 28 oz - Canned tomatoes
- 2 tsp - Minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil
- 0.25 tsp - Dried oregano
- 0.25 tsp - Dried basil
- 0 - Salt
- 0 - Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until they are tender.
- Add in the remaining vegetables and seasonings and stir to combine.
- Turn up the heat to bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve or refrigerate. This can also be frozen for later use.
Ratatouille is a great way to add flavor and color to your plate. Whether you’re looking for a vegan dinner idea or a way to use up vegetables in your fridge, this recipe is a great option. Enjoy the summery flavors of this classic French dish all year round!